Cruise the broad waterways through the world’s biggest mangrove forest and watch wildlife, whether it be the rare Royal Bengal Tiger, spotted deer, 2m-long water monitor or luminescent kingfisher. Stay at the Edge of Forest beyond which there is not civilisation settlement. Peer into the soul of this sublime forest and you will see Nature at its purest
Join us for 4 days into the wilderness
Dates: 8th- 11th oct 2013
- Stay at the edge of the forest beyond which there is no civilisation settlement.
- Experience Sunderbans in an exclusive ferry.
- Insight into the culture and heritage or West Bengal
- Countryside experience on the journey from Kolkata to the base camp
- Experience the festive spirit at the Durga puja in Kolkata
Oct 8 (Day 1)
Arrival at Kolkata by train or airport (you should be there in Kolkata by 8 am sharp or before)
The days program will be mix of road trip by Jeep; Ferry; Cycle Safari going through remote West Bengal countryside to Reach Sunderbans.
You will get a first hand feel of amazing West Bengal Countryside; Culture; History of Sunderbans
Overnight stay either in Buffer zone of Sunderbans or just bordering the core areas of Sunderbans..
Oct 9 – 10 (Day 2 and 3)
Explore Sunderbans Forest Reserve) in Ferry Rides in Deep Jungles of Sunderbans/ Machans at a leisurely pace of ferry. Life will come almost to a stand still with amazing mangrove landscapes, Bengal delicacies cooked (lunch and evening tea) in ferry that will be exclusively booked for our group only.
Oct 11 (Day 4)
Again mix road trip Jeep; cycle rickshaw, Ferry Ride through West Bengal Countryside back to Kolkata by 4pm
Extension at Kolkata (Overnight Stay at Kolkata)
]Evening Saptami (Navpatrika Puja)
Oct 12 ( Day 5)
Durga Ashtami / Sandhi Puja / Maha Navami
Day time exploring (Kolkata / Shopping)
Board flight in the evening
Camp Fee: INR: 14650
Camp Fee includes:
- Kolkata pickup and Drop at a decided fixed location;
- Ferry Rides in Reserve Forest (Exclusive Ferry for our group);
- Local Guide Charges;
- Stay 3 Nights Stay at Sunder-bans and 1 Nights Stay at Kolkata (Twin Sharing or Triple sharing Non-AC).
Day – 1 Evening Tea and Dinner
Day – 2 and 3 (Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea and Dinner)
Day – 4 Breakfast
Does not include
- Meals during transit Kolkata to Sunderbans and Back; on Jan 27 and Jan 30 not included).
- Does not include flight cost/ train cost from Mumbai to Kolkata and Back.
- Non Standard Food items, Cold Drinks, Bottled Water, Fruit Juice etc
- Tips, shopping not included.
- Meals during Kolkata stay
Interesting facts about the Sunderbans:
The Sunderbans are a part of the world’s largest delta formed by the mighty rivers Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna. Situated on the lower end of the Gangetic West Bengal, it is also the world’s largest estuarine forest.
The Sunderbans has been declared a World Heritage site for being the largest remaining areas of mangroves in the world, which supports an exceptional biodiversity with a wide range of flora and fauna, including the Bengal Tiger and provides a significant example of on-going ecological processes (monsoon rains, flooding, delta formation, tidal influence and plant colonisation).