Skydiving has always created a lot of excitement among people. The feel of free fall; the wind gushing through our face-and-body is something that we all want to experience. Unfortunately, in India, we did not have much opportunity to experience such things in the past. Well, the good news is that the wait is over. Skydiving is the latest thrill among the Indian adventure sports and it has been in existence for the past two years. Since 2010, Waltair Skydive India has pioneered and handled the sport very well in India.
With another skydiving festival round the corner i.e. the “Baramati Skydiving Festival”, it is an excellent opportunity for skydiving enthusiasts to come forward and experience the thrill of a lifetime. The skydiving festival will be held at Baramati Airport (near Pune) from the 10th to 15th of December, 2013. Baramati is well connected by air as well as by rail. The nearest airport is Pune, Maharashtra and Baramati is connected to Pune by rail network by Daund Junction.
The Baramati Skydive Festival is packed with a number of adrenaline pumping activities. This is a wonderful chance for adventure lovers from across the country, to come and experience a destination, which offers them the thrill that they had always longed for. To complement skydiving, a lot of other activities such as Para sails, Para motor gliders, Micro-lights, Tandem Pilots, Aero modeling shows etc. have been planned. Others who love to explore the terrain and country side, can take some time off and enjoy—country side cycling.
To add to all these, there would be entertainment, music, live kitchen kiosks etc. available. Things have been planned to give you the perfect time-out from your everyday life. It has been ensured that you have equally thrilling and entertaining evenings and nights, with the best services available. For those of you who are planning to relish this opportunity, know that, an experience of a lifetime awaits you at the Baramati Skydive Festival.
The types of jump options available are:
- Static Line Jump: This is a conventional method and is often used in sport parachuting as the basic step in skydiving training. It is inclusive of one day ground training. This jump is made at about 4000 feet above the ground and a line attached from the parachute to the aircraft opens the parachute as the skydiver jumps off. The participant jumps alone with the parachute and the parachute is deployed immediately after leaving the plane, regardless of actions taken by the skydiver. The skydiver is guided to the ground by radio contact or ground signals.
- Tandem Jump: This is a form of jump which allows a first-time jumper to experience the excitement and thrill of the sport without any preparation or knowledge. You jump with an instructor backing you from exit to landing. Hence, training for tandem jump is less—usually under two hours. The jump is made at about 9000-10000 feet above sea level and the instructor deploys the parachute at about 5000 feet above the ground.
- Accelerated Free-fall (AFF) Jump: This is a self jump inclusive of one day ground training. The jump is made at around 10,000 to 14,500 feet above ground level. Normally, two instructors jump with the participant. The instructors hold the participant until the participant deploys his/her own parachute. This is the fastest way to experience free fall for about 40 seconds. One static line jump is mandatory for undergoing AFF.
Solo Static Line Jump:
1 Jump Course – Rs. 20,000/- / US$ 330
3 Jump Course – Rs. 47,500/- / US$ 800
*5 Jump Course – Rs. 70,000/- / US$ 1100
- • Ground Training and Jump
- • Certificate of the Jump
- • Log Book signed by the Instructor with the details of the Jump valid across the globe
- • All gears and Equipments for the Sport
- • HD Photos
- • * 5 Jump Course Participants will also be awarded with the “Prestigious Para Wings Batch” on completion of 5 descends under the Parachute.
With HD Video / Photographs –
Rs. 35,000/- / US$ 580
- Certificate of the Jump
- Log Book signed by the Instructor with the details of the Jump valid across the
- HD Video and Photos
Accelerated Free Fall Jump Package:
1 Static Line Jump + 1 AFF Jump –
Rs. 47,500/- / US$ 800
- Ground Training and Jumps
- Certificate of the Jumps
- Log Book signed by the Instructor with
the details of the Jumps valid across
- All gears and Equipments for the Sport
- HD Video and Photos
Packages also available on request for:
- 2 Nights and 3 days (For Static Jump participants) –Prices available on request.
- 1 Night and 2 days (For Tandem Jump participants) –Prices available on request.
- 3 Nights and 2 days (For AFF course participants) –Prices available on request.
Contact us for further details and for registrations: