The corporate life of Bangalore can get monotonous and the work pressure that Bangalore’s environment by and large offer; a short escape from the fiasco of everyday life is all that one can afford. Make It Happen gives you the chance to enjoy the limited time that you can afford with its “Weekend-getaway packages”. Give us the chance to organize short trips for you on weekends or let us know about your ideas of visiting places over weekends and we will Make It Happen. A two-days package over the weekend should get you back afresh to start a new week. Continue reading the article to know more about our travel plan and itinerary.
Sakleshpur: A brief History
Sakleshpur–a beautiful hill station in the South Indian state of Karnataka offers you a perfect weekend getaway from Bangalore and other Southern cities: Hyderabad, Mysore, Chennai and Coimbatore. Earning the sobriquet “poor man’s Ooty” during the British Raj; Sakleshpur is eloquently described as a place with all its attributes of wealth. Sakleshpur derives its name from Shakaleshwara–a Shivalinga. Sakleshpur has been blessed with all kinds of wealth: Water, Coffee, Spices, and an excellent climate.
Camping Getaways in Sakleshpur-Murka Gudda
The campground is located at 3500 ft above sea level and at the base of the misty peaks of Murkan Gudda. The campground is located next to a stream and a lake. This Stream is a perennial stream and runs throughout the year. The location is perfect for relaxation and to enjoy the views of the Western Ghats.The ideal location at Sakleshpur provides you with a tranquil place to stay amidst the mountains and surrounded by a stream.
During Murkan Gudda trek, you are bound to experience the ataraxis of being in a forest, waterfalls and a serence lake amidst the valleys of Murkan Gudda. You can continue your trek to Uddenamaradavaare. On the way you will pass through Saalu gudda and kallu gudda. From uddenamaravaare you will get a panoramic view of western ghat and the beautiful Kaadumane tea estate.
The list of activities that Sakleshpur by and large offer; makes the whole experience of visiting Sakleshpur worthwhile. The following activities can be pursued during your visit to Sakleshpur:
- Swimming: You can take a dip in the man made lake amidst the valleys of Murkan Gudda and explore a water fall near the lake.
- Biking: Ride in the surroundings of Sakleshpur and Bisile. Feast your eyes on breathtaking views of the tea estates and untouched wilderness of the Western Ghats and go touring on bike trails of Western Ghats.
- Hadlu Waterfalls trekking: Trek through the plantation and forest to reach the cascades of 6 stages of hadlu falls. Enthral yourself by bathing in the icy waterfalls.
- Visit Maavina Gandi Falls: Trek through the plantations to reach this fall which flows from 70 feet high and is it’s just a 5-minutes walk from the Resort.
- Bird watching: Unwind your passion for bird watching; take out your binoculars to see over 50 species of migratory and resident birds. The Western Ghats are home to over 500 species of birds.
- Angling: Unlock your fishing gears; relax on the banks of the river–Hemavathi and enjoy the unique experience of fishing amidst serene mountains and beautiful landscapes.
- Jeep Offroading – Big Bend: A 2.5 km track that is bound to captivate your senses by all stretch of imagination. Jump into a jeep and take a breathtaking ride on the uneven tracks of Murkan Gudda, Kallu Gudda and enjoy the panoramic view of Western Ghats.
Sakleshpur offers many sightseeing options to tourists. Manjarabad fort which is located close to Sakleshpura on National Highway 48 is a prime attraction of the hill station. Constructed by Tippu Sultan the fort was used as a strategic defensive location. It is said that Tippu Sultan also constructed a tunnel from Manjarabad fort to another fort in Srirangapattana. There are a number of places which will make your visit worthwhile by any stretch of imagination.
- Kukke Subrahmanya Temple: A famous temple dedicated to Lord Subramanyeshwara is yet another highly visited attraction. There are also shrines dedicated to Saraswati Devi and Lord Ganesha near the temple.
- Bisle Ghat: Located next to the Bisle Ghat, Bisle Reserve Forest is another attraction providing a majestic view of the surrounding mountain ranges. The region surrounding Sakleshpur is also home to some famous trekking trails, most notably the Green Route.
- Water sports in Yagachi Backwaters: A 70 minutes drive from Wild Wagtai; Yagachi Water Sports is set in the backwaters of the Yagachi Dam located in Belur about 40 KM from Wild wagtail and offers an array of water sports like; baoting, jet ski, bumpy ride, banana boat, and lot more.
10.30AM : Check-in at Wild wagtail Adventure Camp
11 AM – 1 PM Trekking to 6 stages of Hadlu Falls
1.30 PM: Lunch
3.00 – 6.00 PM: Trekking to Murkan Gudda & Swimming in the big manmade lake. (don’t miss the scenic sun set)
6.30 PM – 7.00 PM : Pitching Tents and collecting fire woods
7.00 PM: Bonfire
9.00 PM: Dinner & retire for the day.
6.30 AM – 7.30 AM: Bird watching
8.00 AM: Breakfast at Wild wagtail Adventure Camp (3 KMS from Campground)
8.90 AM – 1.00 PM: Off road jeep drive ( Extra cost)
1.30 PM :Lunch
3.30 PM: Checkout after tea or coffee.